Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Small Grid Living, Part One

I have a personal rule of thumb:  if it can be accomplished within walking distance, behave accordingly.

This was the primary factor motivating my choice of personal physicians.  If I hadn't liked them, I'd have switched - even if it meant driving.

At the time I looked for a pediatrician for Freddie, no one within easy walking distance seemed to be available, so I went with a recommendation for a doctor who turned out to be an absolute rock star.

Except then I realized that there was a practice just down the street that I'd somehow managed to overlook.  I obsessed.  I angsted.  I finally convinced myself that proximity trumped bedside manner and logged on to our insurance company website to make the change.

Where I discovered that the closer practice isn't covered under our plan.

Rats!

No comments: